- Mathematics: Students will be working to finish chapter 4 of our math program, College Preperatory Mathematics (CPM). This chapter was an introduction to variables, in which students explored unkown values in problems using models, diagrams, and numbers.
Sixth grade is the time in mathematics where we take foundational skills learned in years past and apply them to higher level concepts. This is especially apparent in their work with expressions and equations, where we introduce variables and start having students manipulate real-life algebraic equations.This is an exciting time for mathematics in sixth grade here in SLCUSD. We are in our first year using a new math program called College Preparatory Mathematics. Please see this website created by the district for more information about our math instruction and to learn how you can help your child succeed: Middle School Math for Students and Families
- Reading: We are starting to take our end of the trimester assessments. Students have been working really hard and learning a ton, and now it is time for them to show us what they can do!
- Writing: Students are working with Mrs. Greenelsh on a Literary Argument Unit. They are tracking important details and character changes throughout stories and determining the theme.
- Science: All sixth graders will be working together starting mid-November on a unit focused on genetics. Throughout the unit we will have a focus on a final project that teams will complete. Mr. Morgan and Mrs. Greenelsh will be teaming up to co-teach this unit!
- Social Studies: Students will be finishing and presenting a Project Based Learning unit on Mesopotamia. Mr. Morgan and Mrs. Greenelsh will be teaming up to co-teach this unit as well!